Rediscover Your Home

Jan 19, 2014

I'll admit it, I'm definitely a homebody. I prefer to be home (most of the time) so of course I like for my surroundings to look nice. Being here as much as I am though, It's easy to start overlooking some of the aspects of my home that I used to love. 




If you've been to my blog before...ever, then you know I LOVE anything pretty. Especially when it comes to home decor. There are probably about a million and one things that I wish I could have for my house (and that's a whole other post - coming soon :)) but I go about it a very little at a time. [I'm on a tight budget here people] Unfortunately, because I never do anything major, it makes it easy to begin overlooking things. The new begins to blend in with the old before I really get a chance to enjoy it. So this post is literally about what the title says : Rediscovering Your Home and taking notice of the little things. 








Your home should inspire you, which is why you should always strive to keep things fresh - even if that just means rearranging some pictures or books on a bookshelf. Just ask my boyfriend, I am ALWAYS rearranging something. Everything from a vase of flowers to the entire bedroom (furniture and all). If everything stays the same for too long I get bored and feel like I need to go shopping to spice things up. 
FALSE! 
Don't go shopping just yet. Do a little rearranging and see if that dulls your shopping instinct; it usually works for me! (And your bank account will thank you) Hey, ya gotta do what you can and find things that work for you. This works for me and my tiny budget which makes this girl happy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...