Thrift Store Finds (Vol. 1)

Jan 16, 2014

For the first time in what feels like such a long time, I went to check out some of my local antique malls and thrift stores a few days ago. The weather was just too perfect to stay in the house so off I went! 

It was so great to get out of the house for a bit and what better way to spend the day than perusing your favorite local shops? I can't think of one. I didn't have much money to spend but I still ended up coming away with some of the things I've been looking for and at such great deals! Yeah!
 I'm a sucker for a good deal, some of these places really get me with their sales...I mean really who can say no to half off? (Unfortunately I had to say no to one item that's been haunting me ever since I walked out of the store. I've been fighting a desperate urge to go back for it - like NOW - but alas, bills first, then used goodies. Priorities, Olivia...priorities. *sigh


Hey, at least I got the pretty blue mason jars I've been looking for since the summer. :) Not all was lost!






Blue Mason Jars: $6.50/ea
(You can't tell in the picture but they're about twice the size of a normal mason jar. In my opinion, well worth the cost.)
Vintage Floral Coffee Cup: $1.50
DIY Magazines {latest editions}: $1/ea

Overall I'd say it was a good day. 

Except, of course, for The Ones That Got Away: 


Is that not the cutest desk and chair set for a little girl?? And you see that little sliver of orange paper hanging off the side of it? That meant it was HALF OFF. This adorable desk was ONLY $12.50!!! I mean really, add a little chalkboard paint and change the knob on the drawer and this thing could be beautiful. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it on the spot. I'll be going back as soon as possible and if it's still there IT'S MINE.  Mine I say. The chair on the other hand would have to be a layaway item...it was a little too pricey to be bought outright. It was super cute though - I found it in a separate booth but brought it over because it went kind of perfectly with that desk. Don't they look great together?? 
OK I'll leave it alone now...no sense beating the dead horse. 
Fingers crossed these will still be there when I go back! 
Wish me luck!

-Olivia
{Sidenote: I was pleasantly surprised at how well some of these pictures turned out for this post. It looks like all of the photography blogs I've been reading lately are starting to pay off! Go me!  :D }
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...