The Countdown Begins

Feb 8, 2014

Ugh - It's that time of year again y'all. Have I mentioned I hate winter? All of the fun holidays are over and now we're just sitting here cooped up in our homes hiding from the cold. I don't know about you but I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the south by noting that we're impatiently waiting for Spring's arrival with lust in our hearts for those sunny, warm days.

Just thinking about it makes me happy. 


I'd say it started about a week ago that I really began to feel the effects of the end of winter gloom setting in.  Inspiration is becoming scarce. Everything begins to feel stale...stagnant. Like the glass of water that's been sitting on your nightstand all night - what was once there to quench your thirst and provide you relief is now just a menace leaving puddles of water for you to clean up - the ice is long melted and it's now collecting dust and damaging your beautiful wood. 


I've also noticed that my motivation to get anything done seems to have died around the end of January. I'm honestly not really sure what happened there but I'm not thrilled about it.


So, in honor of trying to bring some inspiration back into our lives, I've decided to post some photos from an amazing photographer that I came across recently. Her gorgeous photos have been my saving grace through this end of winter rut I've found myself in. If I could produce photos even remotely similar to this, I'd be perfectly content in life. 












All images courtesy of Simply Rosie Photography. 

I got all the photos you see on this post from her old blog here.
You can also find her here.


I know it doesn't seem like it, but there is a tiny sliver of light at the end of the tunnel.


Only 40 more days until Spring. 


 
xx  -Olivia
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...