Currently: Vol. 1

Aug 27, 2014




I've been seeing these lovely little mini questionnaires all over the place in the blog world lately and decided to give it a go. Because, why not? 



Thinking About:
Setting big goals. I'm a natural planner and list maker. A few big things that are on my list to accomplish in say, the next 6 months or so, would include: Paying every single bill ON TIME! {even that pesky water bill that I always seem to forget about somehow}, get a new puppy/dog {see here}, invest in a DSLR {this one is a biggie!}, work on my time management skills to make more time for my family {both at home and extended}. Honestly it seems like this is the type of thing that's always taking up the most space in my mind on a day to day basis: bettering myself. I've come to a point in my life where I know how much certain things matter and I've realized how much certain things really don't. I'm prioritizing to my best ability... I think I'm doing okay so far. Of course, there's always room for improvement though. ;)


Reading:
I've actually been looking for a great novel to sink into and haven't felt like I've found one worth reading in a while. If you guys have any suggestions, please feel free to leave it in the comments! In the meantime though, I have been keeping up with a few of my favorite blogs as well as this awesome new photography book I got in the mail today from Amazon! Love love love learning new things about this wonderful hobby of mine. :) I can't wait to dive in and get some fresh inspiration! Plus, who doesn't love new books? I mean really?
Listening To:
Silence other than the fizzing of the Coke sitting on my desk. It's a quiet day here in the office. I've come to appreciate the silence though, it allows me time to be inside my own thoughts with very few distractions.  This can do wonder's for your mental health people, especially if you have a very lively toddler at home who loves to scream at just about anything. She sees something interesting - shriek. Found her favorite toy - shriek. Walks into the kitchen and realizes she's alone - shriek. I think you get the idea... 
Photographing:

This little bundle of joy. Ahh the toddler years... they came much too soon. But they are indeed, so much fun ! Also, I'm currently taking a webinar class on self portraiture with Alice Che. You can learn more about the class and Alice here. So far it's been very interesting. I've learned that posing is definitely the hardest part, along with getting the right composition. Everything is totally different when you're on the other side of the lens and have only a tripod helping you. It's been an interesting experience to say the least, although I really do feel a bit more confident now about being in front of the camera which is always a plus!
Thankful for:  
The cooler weather and nice breezes we've been experiencing the last few days in my part of the South. It's pretty bad when 80 degree weather brings on thoughts of Fall not far behind but that's just the reality here. And it's absolutely lovely. I am fully enjoying every second of the not-so-hot-but-still-nice-enough-to-wear-shorts-and-summer-dresses weather. I'd be perfectly content if this type of weather continued on well into October.... :) One can only hope!
Dreaming About:
Owning my own home one day. I wish I could say it would be one day soon but I know it won't be for quite a while. Because I just started a new job this year that means I know for a fact it will be at least 2 more years before I'll even be considered for a home loan, so I'll be renting for a little while longer still. Ah ;( .  Patience, Olivia.

So, what have you guys been up to?

xo Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...