Goal Setting: 2015

Sep 24, 2014


Is it weird that I'm already setting goals for 2015? Shall we call it over-achieving or just being a control freak? Honestly, I'm not even sure yet. Maybe somewhere in the middle of the two? A happy medium, per say? 

Well, whatever you wanna call it - I've already begun setting goals for next year and I'm so excited about it! And I'm not talking about some lame New Year's resolution type of thing, I'm talking about visualizing where I want to be in a year and making action lists that will help me get there. And I am going to get there. I have full confidence in myself for the first time in a long time and I love it. I'm learning to trust myself again and I'm taking baby steps to get to the "bigger picture" that I see for myself and for my daughter. I remind myself every day that she is the reason that I do everything that I do now. What better motivation is there than your own child(ren)?


A huge part of this is getting my finances in order and settling debts. I've already begun working on this and though my progress is minimal as of yet, it is still progress and I'll take it proudly. I know for a fact that sometime in the next five years I want to be able to purchase a house for my daughter and I, and I also know that you can't do that until you have a very good credit score and a decent income. (For the house I'd like to be able to afford anyway. What? I'm picky and I know what I want. Sue me.)  



Another part of this is getting back into traveling. It's been a huge dream of mine since I was a little kid to be able to "see the world". You know, explore new places, meet new people, have new experiences. What better way is there to get the most out of life? I don't want to feel limited in any aspect of my life and I also don't want to regret later in life not doing things like this while I'm young and have such a desire to do so. Plus, I hope to be able to share my love of travel with my daughter, so I'd really like to introduce her young. Now, I'm not talking about going on a tour of Europe or anything too crazy (yet) but I'd love to visit some of the nearby cities with her like Charleston or Savannah on the coast or Asheville to give her a taste of the mountains. Like I said... baby steps. 


There are also many other areas I'd like to improve upon in the next year for my own personal growth and well-being. The main focus for me will be improving my general skill set, both for work and for everyday life. I wont bore you with all of them but a few at the top are learning to use my DSLR to it's fullest potential and, in turn, doing the same with Lightroom. Plus enhancing certain job-related skills such excel and time management. Honestly, I think it would be great for me if I just focused all of my energies on time management because I completely suck at it but I'm practical enough to know that I would get bored with it very quickly. And I repeat... baby steps people. 

So tell me, are you the kind of excessive planner that starts making goals for next year in September like me? Or could you just totally care less? This being the first year that such a thing has occurred to me to do for myself, I'm really curious how others go about goal setting and actually accomplishing those goals. Any feedback would be wonderful!




xo Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...