A Peek Into My Life

Oct 24, 2014

I know I've been absolutely awful about my repeated absences here on the blog for the past couple of months so as an explanation for said disappearances, I just thought I'd give a little rundown of how my days/weeks have been going since I started my new job at the end of May. (And apparently run-on sentences are my new forte.) It's been a total whirlwind, I can assure you and honestly, they all pretty much run together now. I guess that's what happens when you have a full time job and a toddler. Life starts racing past you before you ever have the chance to catch up.



Just to give you a bit of perspective though here is a typical workday for me:


6 am - Alarm goes off every 5 minutes until I finally stop hitting snooze around 6:30 and it's time to face reality and start the day.


6:30 - 7:30 - Shower, cup of coffee (if I'm lucky and not running late then I treat myself to 2), hair, makeup, take the dog out, finish up any last second chores before I go to work - i.e. throw laundry in the dryer, empty dishwasher, etc.


7:30-8  - Get Evelyn up and ready to go to her grandma's house while mommy's at work (diaper bag packed, cup of juice in hand, and shoes and jacket on)

8:15(ish) - Leave for work, drop Evelyn off at Grandma's, stop by QT for another coffee and a morning croissant

9-5:30 - Work

6 pm - pick Evelyn up and either head home or run some very fast last minute errand that I wasn't able to get done on my 30 minute lunch break
+ Once we're home I spend as much time with Evelyn as possible playing or cooking dinner before...

7-7:30 - Time for Evelyn's bath and story time before bed.

8 - Clean up any leftover mess from dinner/playtime. Throw laundry in the washer, put dishes in dishwasher, and finish up any other to-dos for the day

9-10-11 This will usually vary every night depending on exactly how many to-do's I still need to get done but I can sometimes squeeze in a half hour or so of Netflix and maybe 20 minutes or so of social media (FB, Insta, Pinterest, Etc) and then it's off to bed, only to start the entire process over tomorrow.

Repeat x 5


Now, weekends are a little different. They are my saving grace when it comes to keeping my mama sanity. This is the time that the "busy" is actually involving all the stuff that I want to do with my daughter and it's what makes me happy and gets me through the upcoming week of very little mother/daughter time. (See above ^) 



My weekends generally consist of at least one visit to varying family member's houses. It's really important to me that Evelyn get in as much family time with the extended family as she can. I, for one, grew up with all of my cousins as if they were sisters and I absolutely loved the feeling of having so many people around me who I was so close to. I want the same things for Evelyn, especially considering she is an only child and probably will remain so. 

These two days are also the time I get to do any outings that I've been wanting to do with Evelyn that we don't have time for during the week. For example, the past few weekends Evelyn and I have been to 2 Pumpkin Patches, visited Nana's house and also fit in a couple of visits to my mom's house in addition to a few park visits on the days that the weather cooperates (she loves the swings!).

Easily, I usually stay just as busy on the weekends as I do during the week. The difference is that it's much less scheduled and much more "if it fits into mine and Evelyn's day without making me feel like I'm going crazy then I'll do it and if it doesn't then so be it". Know what I mean? No? Ah, well, that's okay. It makes sense to me and that's really all that matters. 

And that, my friends, has been my life lately.

Olivia



P.S. - Feel free to toss any time management tips my way because I will be the first to admit, my time management skills are absolutely atrocious. Thanks in advance!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...