It's Weird, Growing Up

Jan 20, 2015

"It’s weird growing up. You know that moment where you pause…everything else around nonexistent…and you’re not really sure exactly how you got here, but you’re here? That’s where I am. Life does a time lapse, and when right now comes into focus, all I can think about is the open book in front of me."
Source





I saw that quote while reading an article online earlier and realized that it perfectly described me in this very moment. I have no idea really how I got to where I am today or how I got to the mindset I'm currently in but I am forever thankful for everything that brought me to this point. I feel stronger now than I've ever been. I feel like I can actually do anything that I set my mind to. I don't really hesitate anymore. When I want something, I make it happen. When I don't want something, I get rid of it. It's extremely freeing being able to make decisions with such certainty while still holding onto the wonder of what will happen next.


I feel like I'm finally beginning to grasp this whole "life" thing that we're all living and I plan on doing as much as I can, while I can. Instead of keeping my dreams and wishes in my head I'm actually acting on them. I see plenty of traveling in my not too distant future and just knowing that I have the freedom to choose where and when and with whom is beautiful to me. I feel like I lived my life in black and white for too long and now I'm diving in headfirst and embracing the fact that this is my life, and I refuse to condemn it to only black or white. Life should be colorful, vibrant, and ever-changing, never stagnant.

So, at 22, I'm doing just that. Anything and everything that I can do in order to make my life as vibrant as possible. Starting now.


Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...